We are Copper Bear
Copper Bear Consulting is an American Indian/Woman-owned business located in Oklahoma. Founded in 2006, Lisa Kraft, a proud Citizen Potawatomi Nation member and legislator, has built an organization to help tribal leaders establish, fund, and execute plans for tangible nation building.
We have managed $15 million in HUD ICDBG and CCDF construction in recent years.
Our goal is to inspire and unleash the collective capacity and talent of Indian country.
How We Work
With over 26 years of experience in Oklahoma Indian Country, our Founder Lisa Kraft is an award-winning grant writer for Oklahoma tribes. Kraft researches, assists leaders in planning, introduces leadership to other consultants, and writes for large development grants. She also consults on project compliance and management to represent the owner in construction.
Highlights of her history includes:
- A BA in Anthropology from OU, and a Masters in History from UCO.
- A career in federal compliance, grants, and multi-million dollar contract management.
- Extensive land tract conversion, including 17 tracts for her own CPN tribe.
- Appointments to her own nation’s bank Board of Directors.
- Four consecutive terms as an elected legislator for the CPN tribe, 2008-2021.